A FEW WORDS ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
Foundation celebrates 33 yearsThe Centralia College Foundation celebrates 33 years of service to our community (1982-2015). Thanks to the support of our community we have grown from $50 to over $15M in assets. With your help we are changing one life at a time.
Learn how you can support the foundation »
2015 Foundation awards & achievements
- More than $746,000 in scholarships and financial aid to 242 students for 2015-16
- Exceptional Faculty Awards (Brian Tyrrell and Dr. Greg van Alstyne)
- Classified Employee of the Year Award (Jamie Baker)
- SPIRE Award (Candy Lunke)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award (Dr. David Carsten)
- Raised nearly $554,000 for the 2015 Annual Campaign
2014 Foundation awards & achievements
- Over $740,000 in scholarships and financial aid to 254 students for 2014-15
- Exceptional Faculty Awards (Dr. Atara MacNamara and Michael Threapleton)
- Classified Employee of the Year Award (Margaret Friedley)
- SPIRE Award (Suzanne Hostetter)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award (Patrick Kemp)
- Raised over $821,000 for the 2014 Annual Campaign
2013 Foundation awards, achievements, and financial reporting
- CCF Financial Audit, July 2012-June 2013
- CCF 2012 IRS 990, July 2012-June 2013
- Over $550,000 in scholarships and financial aid to 210 students for 2013-14
- Exceptional Faculty Awards (Sharon Mitchler and Calvin Taylor)
- Classified Employee of the Year Award (Joanie Meister)
- SPIRE Award (Bonnie Myer)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award (Laura Dowling)
- Raised over $770,000 for the 2013 Annual Campaign
2012 Foundation awards & achievements
- Over $523,000 in scholarships and financial aid to 212 students for 2012-13
- Exceptional Faculty Awards (Nola Ormrod and Judith Aguilar)
- Classified Employee of the Year Award (Nita Taylor)
- SPIRE Award (Gil Elder and Vicki Oakerman)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award (Angela Meade)
- Raised over $830,000 for the 2012 Annual Campaign
About the FoundationFounded by community members in 1982, the Centralia College Foundation seeks and secures private funds to supplement Centralia College's traditional revenue sources. It provides scholarship assistance, faculty and staff recognition, development, and enrichment programs, and recognition of distinguished alumni. As a non-profit 501(c)3 recognized under Washington State law and granted tax-exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service, the Foundation is governed by an independent board of directors. With your help, the Foundation will continue to enhance and support the ability of Centralia College to accomplish its mission of improving people's lives through lifelong learning. We hope you'll consider making a donation to the Foundation. Doing so is an investment in education that will live on through our community.
Our MissionCommunity Catalyst for Excellence in Education.
Our VisionThe Centralia College Foundation is a premier fund raising organization, which actively stimulates the community to invest through it, the funds and other assets and energies needed for Centralia College and its students. With this effort the foundation will help perpetuate the college and help it operate at a level far above that which can be achieved using only state and federal funding.
Our ValuesPHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organization and causes they are asked to support, the Centralia College Foundation subscribes to and declares adherence to the following Donor's Bill of Rights:
- To be informed of the Foundation's mission, of the way it intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for the intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Foundation's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities regarding its resources.
- To have access to the Foundation's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured donor's gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition for gifts received by the Foundation.
- To be assured that information about donor's gifts are handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships between the donor and individuals representing the Foundation will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers for the Foundation, employees of the Foundation, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for donor's names to be deleted from mailing lists that the Foundation may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Our GoalsThe Centralia College Foundation seeks to fulfill its mission through ensuring the college's success by:
- Seeking the resources to offer all qualified students a scholarship to the college.
- Developing a partnership between the college and the community that places Centralia College at the center of the community.
- Embracing diversified strategies for raising funds.
- Developing community affinity groups which address long term need of college programs.
- Being Centralia College's premier partner for the development of the college.
- Maintaining an integrated, and fiscally sound, management system.
- Being held publicly accountable for its management practices.